The Shubert Centennial Plan is the pathway to ensure the vitality and success of this legendary theatre while continuing New Haven's rich history as a destination for the arts.
The Centennial Plan will:
- Serve the evolving needs of the community as a dynamic performing arts center.
- Continue and expand the positive economic impact the theatre has on local businesses, drawing visitors to the city and enhancing the quality of life for current and future residents.
- Add new resources for the growing arts community.
- Create financial stability by establishing an endowment that will continue to provide for the theatre for generations to come.
In October, 2014 we completed Phase 1 of renovation efforts which included:
- Replacement of the Fire Exit Stair and Fire Pump.
- Repairs and upgrades to HVAC system.
- Reallocation of Public Restrooms to all floors of the lobby spaces.
- Renovation of Basement Level support spaces including Dressing Rooms, Mechanical, Office and Restrooms to address egress and code issues.
- Inclusion of a ramp to additional support spaces in the Main Lobby.
- Repairs to Shubert plaza to address water penetration into the building.
- Replacement of roof over main floor support spaces to address water penetration.