CAPA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Summer Camp Director
Posted February 21, 2020Contact Us
Manage the Shubert Summer Theater and Arts Camp. Will be the direct contact for parents, campers and staff during camp. Will handle scheduling, training, and preparation leading up to camp. Responsible to be onsite for orientation, each full camp day, plus the 4 evenings of showcase presentations. Manage day to day running of the camp as well as camper issues.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Keep file of updated camper paperwork including state certification binder
- Manage class rosters
- Manage and run orientation and open house
- Distribute and collect all hiring paperwork during orientation
- Create agenda for 1st day of both sessions
- Create and assign schedule for after lunch activities
- Train and manage Teacher Assistants
- Supervise drop off and pick-up times
- Email and phone correspondence with parents
- Handle daily behavior issues and notate in Active
- Make sure all staff absences are covered
- Make sure all staff sign in sheets are up to date
- Handle and write notes on any TA discipline issues
- Routinely observe classes and TA’s
- File any incident or accident reports
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to problem solve, including diplomatic resolution (restorative practices) of situations that sometimes arise between campers
- Excellent time management and scheduling skills
- Experience with middle and high school students
- Experience with handling parent questions and concerns
- Staff management skills
- Experience in leading student activities
- Ability to train, direct, and evaluate the performance of staff and students
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in standard computer office suite software
Credentials and Experience:
- Previous camp and/or student management experience
- One to two years of experience in public or private educational environment
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent professional experience
- Available the weeks of June 22 and 29, 2020 for up to 20 hours per week of prep work. Available for orientation on 6/30/20. Available during camp time 8:30am-5:30pm Monday-Friday, plus showcase times.
- The position will require a satisfactory background check; CAPA will determine the level of background check required based upon current industry standards for individuals working with children.
- First Aid and CPR certification through Red Cross (will be provided through CAPA if necessary)
CAPA/Shubert Theatre is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.
Hourly Part-Time Concessions Bartender
Posted March 13, 2019Contact Us
Shubert Theatre is looking for Concession Bartenders. This position serves concessions and drinks to patrons coming to the historic Shubert Theatre. Duties include selling soda, candy, wine, beer, and mixed drinks. Applicants should be TIPS certified or able to become so in the first month of employment. Concession Bartenders must possess the ability to engage in a friendly way with all guests, along with the ability to work with grace under pressure. Bartending experience preferred but not necessary. Work hours to vary according to performance and facility schedule. Average hours per month vary between 5 – 20 hours, depending on the schedule of the facility. Starting wage is $10.10 per hour plus tips.
To Apply: E-mail resume to Lmichaels@capa.com. CAPA and the Shubert Theatre is an Equal Opportunity Employer.