CAPA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Operations Production Manager
Posted June 12, 2018Contact Us
Job Summary: CAPA (Connecticut Association for the Performing Arts) and the Shubert Theatre in New Haven CT is seeking a full time Operations Production Manager. This position serves as the operations liaison between CAPA, Shubert New Haven and outside rental contracts using the stage area. This position is required to be onsite to ensure safe and effective load ins/outs for all CAPA produced performances and rentals. The Operations Production Manager will also be responsible for the general upkeep of the Shubert venue, not including the performance space. This position will need to work closely with the IATSE head carpenter and others. This position ensures the theatre is well maintained and able to meet the needs of the users and patrons.
About Us: The Shubert is a 1600 seat performing arts center presenting 150+ performances annually including: Broadway, music, dance, family, community shows and summer outdoor concerts. The Shubert Theatre in New Haven is part of CAPA, a not-for-profit based in Columbus, OH, and the Operations Production Manager will work as part of the operations team in New Haven. This position reports the Director of Operations.
- Serves as the onsite Shubert manager for load ins/outs which includes insuring building security as needed.
- Coordinates production needs for the venue in connection with our Head Carpenter; assists with coordination of backline and similar tasks.
- Coordinates advance of show activities including technical, artist hotels, hospitality, etc.
- Coordinates crew and event payroll processing.
- Oversees venue event set-up as needed in the lobbies and suite.
- Ensures that the building is secure when vacant.
- Coordinates outside contractors for projects, repairs and general upkeep of the venue.
- Handles the day-to-day upkeep of the building as needed. This might include light bulb replacement, hanging items, etc.
- Performs additional venue and operational tasks as required.
- High School Diploma /GED
- Minimum of two years’ experience working with venue rental clients.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- A strong understanding of theatre venues and scheduling.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and google calendar.
- Ability to communicate effectively with guest artists, artist agents, crew members and staff.
- Ability to think quickly on feet to resolve issues in a safe, calm and effective manner; the ability to adapt to a changing environment without missing a beat.
- Great attention-to-detail skills.
- Must be able to keep nonpublic information confidential.
- Knowledge of: building systems, OSHA, ADA, federal, state and local codes, and IATSE contracts.
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs and be able to stand for up to 4 hours.
Must remain current with CPR/AED/BBP certifications. Due to the nature of this performing arts venue flexibly in scheduling is needed. This position does require some weekends, nights and occasional overnights for load outs.
E-mail cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Salary will be commensurate with experience. CAPA offers a full benefits package that includes health insurance and Paid Time Off.
CAPA and the Shubert Theatre is an Equal Opportunity Employer.