Accounting and Payroll Manager
The Accounting and Payroll Manager is responsible for the day-to-day accounting activities for CAPA Connecticut, including duties in A/P, A/R, GL recording and maintenance, and payroll and HR. The Manager provides general assistance in other areas such as account analysis and cash controls as needed.
Salary Minimum: $45,000.00+
CLICK TO APPLY NOW
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages Accounts Payable, including data entry and verifying that all expenses are coded appropriately.
- Updates and maintains all Accounts Payable vendor files, including W9 forms.
- Confirms all requests for union benefits payments are received and processed.
- Processes all payments to vendors.
- Processes all sales and entertainment tax monthly.
- Processes monthly employment reports to State and Federal agencies.
- Processes annual 1099’s.
- Maintains and distributes office petty cash, ensuring all receipts are submitted in a timely fashion.
- Processes ACH Payments as needed.
- Reconciles and processes daily Box Office deposits.
- Processes and prepares daily deposit of incoming receipts and contributions.
- Posts all pledges and sales transactions to Accounts Receivable.
- Manages Accounts Receivable aging schedule and past due accounts.
- Reconciles show concessions reports in system once submitted.
- Maintains incoming royalty spreadsheets and files.
- Continues to review existing systems and make recommendations for improvements.
- Assists CAPA Columbus Human Resources by processing new hire paperwork, including collection of I-9 documentation and data entry of new employees into ADP.
- Updates and maintains employee files (both hardcopy and ADP files) for all Shubert staff.
- Processes bi-weekly payroll for all Shubert employees.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Highly skilled in Microsoft Excel.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Familiarity with ADP payroll processing.
- Ability to learn and navigate new software quickly.
- Ability to work independently while meeting deadlines.
Credentials and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Arts Management is preferred, or equivalent combination or education and work experience.
- 3-4 years’ experience working in a similarly sized institution (51-200 employees).
- Experience processing Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable functions.
- Experience with accounting software, such as Dynamics SL; Tessitura experience is a plus.