Director of Digital Marketing
The full-time Digital Marketing Director will serve as the leader of digital marketing initiatives, including website, email, social media, analytics, and paid advertising. This newly formed Digital Marketing position will oversee and implement overall digital strategy for the Shubert Theatre. This new leadership position requires a combination of strong analytical and creative skills along with excellent leadership and change management skills.
Salary Minimum: $65,000.00+
CLICK TO APPLY NOW
Duties and Responsibilities
- Works with the Shubert marketing team to develop and implement data-driven digital strategies aimed at the growth and acquisition, cultivation, retention, and deepened engagement of our audiences and donors.
- Works cross departmentally with Shubert staff to guide strategy and implementation of digital marketing efforts in support of key organizational initiatives, positioning, and programs.
- Leads digital team to organize and execute paid digital strategy, including but not limited to: SEM, display advertising, promoted social media campaigns, and retargeting efforts.
- Collaborates with organization leadership and stakeholders to identify new opportunities to broaden awareness of Shubert programs and shows and advance the Shubert’s brand.
- Ensures the integration of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion values in marketing and communication touchpoints.
- Partners with the VP of External Affairs and other key stakeholders to perform research, analyze data, and to establish, monitor and report on all digital marketing initiatives.
- Oversees social media content design and development.
- Manages Shubert email marketing campaigns and analytics.
- Stays apprised of emerging trends and marketing technologies; serves as an enterprise-wide resource and knowledge partner.
- Evaluates and improves existing digital marketing processes. Works directly with artistic leadership and other appropriate departments to generate and identify content opportunities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge and proficiency of SEM & SEO practices and social media management tools.
- Knowledge of CRM systems such as Tessitura, Google Analytics, Wordfly and other content marketing, distribution, and analytical tools.
- Commitment to metrics and tracking progress, including a proven ability to implement data-driven strategies and sophisticated testing efforts.
- Working knowledge of web design procedures, including basic knowledge of HTML + CSS.
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite including Photoshop, InDesign, and Dreamweaver.
- Familiarity with website CMS and email platforms.
- Ability to jump from creative to analytical side of marketing and leverage data for decision-making.
- Flexible and nimble work style, with the ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- A creative thinker with strong writing and proofreading skills and design / visual instincts.
Credentials and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred, or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Minimum 5-7 years’ experience in Marketing, including proven experience in engaging and growing customers via digital channels.
- 3-5 years’ hands-on experience with SEO, Google Analytics and CRM software.
- Experience overseeing social media channels for brand(s).
- Ability to work a flexible schedule is required.
The Connecticut Association for the Performing Arts (CAPA) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. CAPA does not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, pregnancy, lactation status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other protected status.