Director of Ticketing
The full-time Director of Ticketing is responsible for managing all of the Shubert’s ticketing functions and staff, including providing ticketing services for rentals and for shared services organizations. Responsibilities include management of ticketing staff, oversight of the ticketing system and related technology, maintaining financial accountability and control over ticketing functions, and providing premium customer service to Shubert patrons and renters of the Shubert Theatre for ticketed events. Salaray minimum: $65,000.00+
CLICK TO APPLY NOW
Duties and Responsibilities
- Evaluates operational processes, develops improvements, and leads staff through related changes.
- Responsible for staff recruitment, training, scheduling, professional development and supervision of both full-time and part-time box office staff.
- Develops best practices to ensure a high level of customer service for ticket purchasers from initial purchase through night of show ticketing functions.
- Oversees cash management related to ticketing operations, including accurate and timely accounting of cash and sales, timely deposits, proper security of cash by controlling access and utilizing company cash handling standards.
- Sets up and processes Broadway subscriptions.
- Provides ticket sales update reports to CAPA’s President & CEO and other staff as needed.
- Works with the marketing department to develop single ticket and subscription ticket campaigns and promotions.
- Assists resident arts groups, promoters and other users of CAPA and non-CAPA managed facilities to ensure that their ticketing and sales reporting needs are met. Will also provide show setup support as needed in the ticketing system.
- Coordinates, manages, and provides accurate and timely ticket sale reports, financial reporting, and charges and fees related to the show settlements.
- Maintains timely and accurate disbursement calculations related to show settlements with renters, artists, and accounting.
- Manages financial reporting and accounting for ticket functions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of Tessitura ticketing system is vital to this position. Experience migrating a ticketing system to Tessitura is a plus.
- Must possess management skills that can be used to maintain a positive team environment among a mix of hourly and salaried employees.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft office suite of applications and have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- A natural inclination to provide a high level of customer service to all customers (both internal and external to the organization).
- Ability to demonstrate patience in demanding situations.
Credentials and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Arts Administration, Business, or related field.
- 3-5 years’ experience in a ticketing environment utilizing customer service, show settlement, managing staff, and money management skills.
- Ability to work some evening, weekend, and holiday hours, and night of show settlements.
CAPA's EEO Statement:
The Connecticut Association for the Performing Arts (CAPA) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. CAPA does not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, pregnancy, lactation status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other protected status.