Group Sales and Business Development Associate
The Group Sales and Business Development Associate will ensure the Shubert's productions are available and accessible to the widest audience possible via outreach efforts (phone, direct mail, email and in-person visits). The Associate will be a critical member of the Development Department, assisting with the development and execution of marketing, outreach, and group sales initiatives for each of the Shubert's productions. This role will require cross-functional collaboration and interface with the box office, front of house, marketing, and development departments. The Associate may be required to be onsite on evenings and weekends, by nature of the Shubert's performance and events schedule.
Salary Minimum: $40,000.00+
CLICK TO APPLY NOW
Duties and Responsibilities
- Solicits and fulfills group sales orders and responds to group sales inquiries.
- Conducts proactive outbound efforts through phone and in-person interactions as well as social media platforms to develop, engage and build a successful client base.
- Works with the development department to identify potential new donors. Once identified, solicits and processes received donations.
- Submits activity and results reports to management, such as daily call reports, weekly work plans, and monthly and annual territory analyses.
- Analyzes sales data to inform the development and box office departments on outreach efforts.
- Inputs detailed historical information on any vendor, donor sales interaction in Tessitura.
- Qualifies and creates opportunities from inbound leads and marketing initiatives.
- Prospecting to identify and acquire new business.
- Develops and executes a program ad sales campaign, working with local area business partners and restaurateurs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite; knowledge of Tessitura a plus
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Strong writing and oral presentation skills.
- Excellent listening skills and the ability to ask probing questions, understand concerns, and overcome objections.
- Strong work ethic and self-starter, able to effectively manage multiple priorities and adapt to change within a fast-paced business environment.
- Must possess a professional and friendly attitude and be able to quickly develop a rapport with customers over the phone.
Credentials and Experience
- Experience with community engagement and group sales in entertainment, the arts, or a similar business.
- Bachelor's Degree with a concentration in marketing, promotions, advertising sales, or business administration preferred.
- Training in various sales techniques a plus such as Sandler Selling System, Factor 8, or ValueSelling Framework.
The Connecticut Association for the Performing Arts (CAPA) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. CAPA does not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, pregnancy, lactation status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other protected status.