A message to our patrons regarding COVID-19
CAPA considers the health and well-being of patrons, artists, volunteers, and staff our highest priority.
In compliance with Governor Lamont's executive order prohibiting gatherings of more than 50 people, the Shubert has postponed all events and performances through April 30.
In addition to communicating best health and safety practices to our staff, volunteers, and patrons, CAPA has implemented enhanced environmental cleaning throughout our venue and offices. This includes:
- Staff and volunteers have been reminded of and are encouraged to use good hand hygiene and cough etiquette habits.
- Heightened daily disinfection practices for high-touch surfaces have been implemented.
- Informational preventive health signage is being distributed in the venues.
With the rapidly changing circumstances of COVID-19, CAPA is closely monitoring the official recommendations from city, state and federal agencies. We will continue to update our plan and our communications as we receive further information.
We encourage everyone to join us in using good hygiene practices. For the general public, the CDC recommends following the usual steps that help to prevent the spread of illness and flu, including:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60 percent alcohol.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Cover your coughs and sneezes with your arm or inner elbow.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.