The Shubert's hour-long backstage tour is the perfect activity for any theater or history enthusiast. Whether you are visiting New Haven for the first time, or a life-long resident, you’ll be amazed by the incredible history of the legendary Shubert!
- First THURSDAY and SATURDAY of each month at 11:00am*
- Tours are FREE & open to the public
- RESERVATIONS ARE REQUIRED, to reserve your place: email or call Kathy Apuzzo at
- firstname.lastname@example.org / 203.773.4316
- Please meet at the theatre's main lobby doors
- *Please note: tour schedule is subject to change based on performance schedule and holidays.
UPCOMING TOUR SCHEDULE INCLUDES:
- Thursday, March 12 at 11:00am
- Thursday, April 2 at 11:00am
- Thursday, June 4 at 11:00am
Since opening in 1914, the Shubert Theatre has earned the title “Birthplace of the Nation’s Great Hits” by staging the world premieres of hundreds of shows including Oklahoma!, A Streetcar Named Desire, Annie Get Your Gun, My Fair Lady, A Raisin In The Sun, The Sound of Music and countless more. Some of the biggest names in show business have graced the Shubert stage - including Humphrey Bogart, Katharine Hepburn, Clark Gable, Mary Martin, Rex Harrison, Ethel Merman, Gene Kelly, Julie Andrews, Carol Channing, Robert Goulet, Shirley MacLaine, Robert Redford, James Earl Jones, Jane Fonda, Alan Alda, Debbie Reynolds, Jerry Lewis, Liza Minnelli, John Travolta and hundreds more!
Each season, hundreds of students and adult members of the community take a trip behind the scenes and “back in time” with a “Backstage Tour” of the historic Shubert. Explore places such as backstage, dressing rooms and much more - all while learning about our vibrant history!